Join KIWA as a member, intern, or volunteer!
Want to become a member of KIWA? KIWA members can play a variety of roles in the decision-making and leadership of the organization, including:
- Running or voting for the Board of Directors
- Contributing to campaign strategic planning
- Participating in leadership development activities
- Attend membership meetings and social events
KIWA accepts interns based upon their language skills, experience, interests, and the needs of the organization. Interns are expected to work between 10 and 20 hours per week, including some weekend events. Applicants should be knowledgeable of or interested in social and economic justice and immigrants’ rights.
There are four, 3-month internship periods for which one can apply:
- Fall: October – December
- Winter: January – March
- Spring: April – June
- Summer: July – September
We are looking for two interns in each work area:
- Organizing (Latinx and Korean Community — semi-fluency or fluency in Spanish or Korean required)
- Membership Organizing and Recruitment
- Policy/Research with focus on one or two fields:
- Housing Justice
- Immigration Justice
- Workers Justice
- Grant Writing
- Event planning, management, and support
- Database Organizing
- Communications: Graphic design
- Tenant Services
- Program recruitment and support
To apply, please send us a completed KIWA Interest Form that details your background, experience, interests, and skills. Please also include any other languages you speak in addition to English. Spanish or Korean fluency/semi-fluency is preferred.
We will reach out to intern applicants one month prior to the beginning of requested internship period.
KIWA welcomes volunteers depending on the needs of the organization and the interests/skills of the individual. We are most interested in individuals that can help us in one of the following areas:
- Translation/Interpretation (preferably Spanish or Korean)
- Graphic design
- Events management
To volunteer, please complete our KIWA Interest Form.
Also visit our job opportunities.